Friday, August 6, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner

Hullo chums. I've been busy since the last time I posted. I learned a ton and met some awesome people (who I still miss terribly) at the Illustration Academy in KC, MO, finished a 50+ image slideshow for my family's church, and I'm nearly finished with the 30 portraits in 30 days assignment I assigned myself. That's just the art stuff!

The Academy was a brain stuffing experience that will be slowly digested over the next few months. My old teacher, George Pratt, was there and I met John English, Mark Engligh, CF Payne, Anita Kunz, Gary Kelley and Jon Foster. They are all by far the best instructors ever.

Soon after getting back my job demoted me for making too many mistakes. That might not be such a bad thing if I manage to use my time well for better things. It's still frustrating to screw up such a simple job. School will start again soon though. Surprisingly I'm actually looking forward to it. History of Illustration is my first class! Learning about classic illustrators = happy brain.

The image for today's post is a little old from last week's Ill Friday topic. Sketches from this month's Dr. Sketchy's on the way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment