Friday, December 17, 2010

Thesis Thoughts

At the suggestion of Dustwing I'm going to attempt a parallel thesis with her. I'm thinking maybe if I actually write this crap down it will help my thought process and persistence to finish. An unfortunate contradiction in my brainstorming process has come to my attention recently; I work better when I elaborate and talk things out but I always keep my mouth shut. Hence a loss of interest because my stuff ends up looking like a pile of pixel puke to me. So here goes an attempt at ungluing my lips.

The e two things I'm bouncing around for a thesis are either making concept art for an animated short or creating concept art for a simulation/point and click type game (think Sim city combined with something like Neopets). I would have to do at least character designs and environments for both. The game would require prop design as well and the short would require writing a story and making a story board . I want to use world myth and most likely I would pick Norse myth for a starting point. I don't know much about it but I want to learn it. Considering I'm also looking at the Vikings for my SCA stuff right now. I'd be killing a few birds with one stone.

I think I had more in mind for both but I can't remember it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment